Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Zamalek Artist

Three years ago.... walking down 26th of July street in Zamalek. I saw him sitting in the street with piles of paper in front of him, the effect of a hard tough life was very apparent on his clothes, cleanliness, and body. However, his face emitted a beautiful smile as soon as he noticed me looking at him while passing by. The piles turned out to be paints... and he turned out to be an artist (how amazing it is to find the exceptional talents and exceptional beauty in the places we least expect to find it?). I looked at the paints... all with one theme... Egypt....
I loved this one and bought it for 5 pounds. Since that time it resided on the wall of my room back in Cairo. I wonder what happened to the Zamalek artist? Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 7:32 AM , Blogger ensana said...

For 5 pounds??? Who is that artist??? What's his name?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home